Nursing Central app for iPhone and iPad
Five best-selling nursing applications combine to form the premier, integrated clinical nursing solution. Use valuable tools to find and apply the information you need.
“Nursing Central contains everything a nurse needs at the bedside. It’s a must-have for nurses and nursing students.”
-Brent Thompson, PhD, RN, West Chester University
PLEASE NOTE: Current customers and institutional subscribers can use this app to download content to their iOS devices.
ABOUT NURSING CENTRAL
Nursing Central helps nurses and students be more efficient by providing detailed information on diseases, tests, drugs, and procedures where and when it is needed. The moment a question arises you can consult the updating database of 5,000 drugs, find a definition in the dictionary with 65,000+ entries, interpret hundreds of laboratory and diagnostic tests, and consult the latest disease information. You can also search the entire PubMed database or study unfamiliar topics using the exclusive study system - Grasp™, all from your mobile device
Five best-selling nursing applications combine to form Nursing Central.
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
Refer to need-to-know information on dosing, contraindications, drug interactions, and patient education for more than 5,000 medications.
TABER’S MEDICAL DICTIONARY
Define over 65,000 medical terms and enhance learning with images, videos, and audio pronunciations. Define terms in-text with Glimpse™ technology.
DAVIS’S LABORATORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Access rationale and results for tests as well as pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test patient care.
DISEASES AND DISORDERS
Review complete coverage of more than 250 medical conditions.
Connect to more than 25+ million PubMed journal citations and abstracts on your mobile device. Stay up to date with your favorite medical journals with Prime Journals, perform powerful searches, receive suggestions on relevant articles with Prime ForYou, link directly to the publisher’s full text, and share articles via email or social media. Visually explore the literature using Grapherence®, a unique way to find related and relevant articles.
• Receive 1-year of drug updates
• Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• Consult trusted disease and test information
• Jump quickly between resources using Cross Links
• View thousands of colorful images, figures, and videos
• Learn on the go with our exclusive study system - Grasp™
• Access 25+ million journal entries from PubMed
• Use the Full Text Search to help find topics across all resources
• Bookmark important entries with “Favorites”
• Get access to Nursing Central website for one year
DRUG AND CONTENT UPDATE RENEWAL
• After initial Nursing Central purchase you will receive updates for one year
• After one year, you can purchase updates for an additional year, at the discounted rate of $99.99. If you do not choose to purchase, you can continue to use the product but will not receive updates.
• If you purchase updates, they will automatically renew annually at the renewal rate ($99.99) and charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hours prior to the conclusion of the one-year subscription period.
• Account will be charged ($99.99) for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the yearly subscription term.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the users Account Settings after purchase.
Pros and cons of Nursing Central app for iPhone and iPad
Nursing Central app good for
This app is phenominal! I recommend it to all nurses and nursing students! I use it every day in class and clinical. Defintely worth it!
I also had the "Internet connection" issue like other students. It seems that iPhones (in comparison to other phones & blackberries) took the longest to load the app. That being said, this is so much more efficient & easier on the biceps than carrying around your own personal library. Well worth it.
Very handy for nursing students! I love having so many resources available whenever I need them.
Love it. Consolidated references....what more could you ask for?
Great app. A must have for a student nurse and a great tool for nursing practice
Its great extremely helpful. Drug guide helps with other names of meds much faster than looking them up. Grasp component is helpful for any nurse or student who is trying to increase recall.
Some bad moments
I have tried to load this app countless times but after I log in it says I have inadequate Internet and connection is lost. And trust me I have Internet. This is a bad issue
By reading the comments, I wanted to Dow load them but I cant even register, cant log in :(
I am having the same issue as others have found. every time i try and update my content it claims the network times out or bad connection or something despite the fact that i have very fast wifi (checked to make sure it was working properly). i’m trying one more attempt but if it doesn’t work i’m going to be asking for a refund. ridiculous that it should be this difficult to install.
Paid for a lot of money for this app, very disappointed!! Stopped working...but customer service refusing to help me sort it out!! They claimed I had to repurchase this overpriced app. Still not working!!
This app was AMAZING. I never needed a textbook or google or anything. I highly recommended it to all of my nurse friends. But now, for the past year or so (after putting in I think $250 into this app), THIS APP IS HORRIBLE. Literally every single time I open this app it wont let me look up the info I need because it has to update. I just updated it last week! And the week before that! Normally I am very patient about an app needing an update, but this app sometimes takes HOURS to update. I could just use google and get the same info much quicker. Also about 90% of the time, itll get to its final leg of the update and then tell me that it has failed to update due to connection or storage unavailable. So obnoxious. Why would you (app developers I hope you are reading this) have me waiting HOURS to use this app just for you to tell me the update failed due to connection? Why not tell me that right off the bat? And storage issues..? This app shouldnt take up so much space on my phone. Maybe they can get rid of the less used features when they are making room for all this "new", "great" stuff that I dont even use. I use it to look up meds and some diseases. Thats it. Im very unhappy with this app and I consider it a waste of money and would NOT recommend to anyone. I would love to speak with someone from customer service of this app if possible. Advice? Stop making the updates so frequent, stop forcing me to update before I can do anything on the app, stop making the app take up so much space and stop making the app update take hours. Thank you.
1. It has an easy to read, straight to the point format. It saved my butt so many times on the job as a new grad.
2. The information listed covers everything you need to know in everyday lingo.
3. I prefer over micromedex. Easier to read.
1. It requires frequent updates and if you refuse to update, it wont work. Updating uses up memory on your iPhone/iPod, etc.
2. Only thing micromedex does better is the IV compatibility format.
s health app,
student health app,
fitness guide inc,
and other. So, download free Nursing Central .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Nursing Central iOS app used & searched for